A-Z Cooking Verbs
In a compact and easy to handle format, the A-Z of Cooking Verbs presents:
- The 450 fundamental verbs in cooking and baking.
- Derivatives of verbs: nouns, adjectives, and adverbs (lowers, tempera, roll, roulade, end, finely, etc.).
- The definitions of professional terms (chiqueter, luter, lever un filet de viande, abaisser une pâte, etc.).
- Concrete examples of translations in the context of recipes.
- Language variants: British English / American English.
- Both a dictionary and a learning manual.
In the A-Z of Cooking Verbs, professionals, cooks, and pastry chefs will find the vocabulary and phrases essential for the translation of recipes; students will learn the definitions of culinary vocabulary, in French and in English; teachers in hotel schools will find material for numerous exercises facilitating thematic learning of professional English.
Test your knowledge!
- What is the English translation of the French expression “Monter une sauce au beurre”?
Hint: this is finishing.
- What is pie crust blind baking?
Hint: the English cook blind; the French, “à blanc”.
- How to translate to English “Faire une détrempe”?
Hint: we soak with water.
Use WORLDCHEFS as a discount code to get a discount of up to 15% on the printed version.
Original price: 24,00 €
Discounted price: 20,40 €
Download an extract!